There really needs to be beautiful user-friendly wiki software that "doesn't suck" and by this I mean that it should be:
- Clean and pretty like LocalWiki
- Written in Python (like MoinMoin) or Ruby (Like Instiki (http://instiki.org/)) or at least not PHP (like MediaWiki)
- Using a lightweight markup language (like Gollum)
- Using a WYSIWYG editor, or more accurately, a WYSIWYM editor because it's better (but still have a plain markup option)
- Features a click-to-edit interface (like every form on the Gun.io proposal generator)
- And, one feature that would be awesome is a "moderated edits" option so that it may function more like a CMS for a community. Anyone can suggest an edit but only mods can approve it.
There are also DRCS based wikis (like Hatta) but I'm not sure that would scale well...
You'll need to sign up if you want to vote, comment, or post new ideas!