Do you love building apps from new technologies? Are you a “do-er” who is
passionate about learning new technologies and sharing them with others? Do
aspire to work on a product that has social impact by improving people’s
health? If so, we’re looking for you to become our API Evangelist. BodyMedia
is the pioneer in developing and marketing wearable body monitors that equip
consumers with information they can use to make sweeping changes to their own
health and wellness. We are looking for a special person to help us grow our
developer community and business partners and inspire them to create impactful
apps using BodyMedia’s data.
- Drive awareness in the developer community through regular participation at hackathons, developer forums, social media - wherever discussions are taking place
- Produce collateral and content (e.g. blog posts, example apps, videos, tutorials, tweets) to increase the awareness of BodyMedia APIs.
- Identify, initiate and close partnerships with businesses that add distribution or value added services to BodyMedia’s solutions.
Provide engineering support for sales team; participate on sales calls, suggest integration options, liaison between sales and engineering, etc.
Estimate time, definition, deliverables, dependencies, scoping and resources required for partner integration.
- Deliver articulate, effective presentations/demos with technical content to small and large audiences.
- Provide developer support on BodyMedia developer forums, email, twitter, etc.
- Share and lead by example by writing code samples in applicable languages and frameworks that help developers access our API
- Guide API road map by development of product requirements documents, including competitive analysis, market overview, customer needs analysis, product position and features list
- Perform other functional related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Built web and/or mobile apps before, and are familiar with most current web development and data management technologies.
- Working knowledge of modern web technologies including cloud computing based APIs and protocols (REST, JSON, SOAP).
- Excellent customer engagement skills and communication skills across all audiences
- Demonstrated significant community participation as well as deep knowledge and experience with social networking tools
- Social Media Marketing Skills: Experience in technical writing with a focus on digital channels including forums, blogging, Twitter, Facebook, etc. and understanding of best practices in social media / community marketing.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed. Estimated travel is 25-50%.
- Familiarity with revision control and bug tracking systems
NICE TO HAVES:
- Previous experience as a web developer, technical evangelist, or technical product manager.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Service Bus or other integration technologies
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
related field EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years experience building software products from
design through development and launch
If interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website for other job opportunities too! www.bodymedia.com/About-