Software Developer & Customer Support
- Location: Sydney, St Leonards (near train station and public transport)
- Salary: $60,000 to $140,000 package
- Classification: e-Payments, Network SI, Information & Communication Technology Engineering – Software
- Position: Full time
Card Access Services (CAS): A private company of 25 years continuous
profitable IT development specialising in e-payment systems. Sydney based with
clients worldwide and presence in Africa and SE Asia.
Salary range from $60k to $140k. All applicants are required to sit an IT
technical test. Up to three (3) positions available for Junior/Graduate and
Opportunity for developers to create, deliver and maintain systems and
customer applications for clients using Internet for encrypted payments and
Credit cards, payment terminal applications, PCI banking security and many new
skills to be honed or learned at CAS.
Scope for promotion with pay increases to senior programmer, supervisory and
management roles subsequent to a satisfactory demonstration of personal IT
capability and acceptance in the CAS team. Travel interstate and overseas will
be required to provide customer service.
CAS is a long-term provider of transaction and payment products and services;
Our systems allow customers to automate and simplify their payments and to
reconcile their e-income.
We seek full time Software Developers to join our team located in Sydney.
There will occasionally be requirements to work overseas, mainly in SE Asia
for continuous periods of between one month and a maximum of six months.
- To learn the systems and procedures of CAS and to develop new programs for customer services that attract new clients and add to our company value (and yours).
- To liaise with customers and participate in the gathering of their business information, then to develop an application and service with advice and instruction from the CAS technical team.
- Monitor and maintain the 24 X 7 existing systems. When required, to participate in upgrades to systems and applications and the creation of new software.
- When required, to work during night hours to minimise the loss of customer services
- Provide day to day technical support where required to CAS clients and CAS staff.
- Testing and documenting the technical deliveries and also providing User Documentation written for distribution to clients.
- Subject to demonstrating technical and professional capability, may be asked to travel overseas providing support for clients.
- Learn to react quickly and decisively to resolve customer problems, devise a reliable work-around and then to implement an elegant technical solution
- Work effectively as part of a team
- We seek personal creativity to contribute new ideas to develop customer products
- CAS wants employees with flair and ambition.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Computer Engineering/Science (or equivalent degree)
- Software development and system administration experience under Linux environments including web client/server applications
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the CAS team
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of software project management and time-management.
- The ability to prioritise work in progress and meet delivery deadlines is highly valued.
- Must be a permanent Australian resident and live in Sydney (or be prepared to move to Sydney if chosen)
Desired Selection Criteria
- Knowledge of Windows environments (both at the application development and system administration levels)
- Some knowledge of the payment industry standards and the financial services industry practices will be an advantage.
CAS will send staff to industry training courses for the benefit of our staff
and our company.