What to expect
We’re not your typical recruiter or job board; we take the time to get to know you, discover what your team needs, and match you with only the highest quality talent.
Our matching process
1. We start with a 30-minute requirement gathering call
We’ll ask you:
- What’s the goal of this engagement? What does success look like?
- How does your team work together? What are your communication norms, and what will you expect from this new hire?
- Outside of technical skills, what makes someone a great fit for your team? (If you’re not sure, our WorkStyle assessment is a good place to start.)
- What is your target monthly investment?
- Are there any geographic requirements for this role?
- Most importantly: what is your timeline? We move fast—and so does our talent.
2. Our team of senior developers uses your requirements to pull ideal matches from the network
Our matching process is fast (<4 business days on average) because we match you with developers we have already vetted. These candidates are matched to you by senior developers, not recruiters or salespeople, who deeply understand the skills required to do the job well.
You’ll receive an email when your candidates are ready to view. From here, you can:
- See candidate profiles, work history, WorkStyle, monthly rates, and endorsements
- Schedule time to meet your favorite candidates via Zoom
- Ask for new candidates with different specifications
3. Gun.io organizes meetings with your favorite candidates via Zoom
This is a time for you to get to know each candidate personally without having to focus on skill assessments or technical vetting, as these measures have already been taken. We encourage you to invite all relevant stakeholders from your team. Most hirers are able to make a decision after one interview, but we’re happy to organize as many conversations as you need.
Someone from the Gun.io team sits in on these conversations in case there are questions about logistics, and we’ll be sure each candidate gets feedback after the interview wraps.
It’s important to note that until there is a contract in place between you and the developer of your choice:
- you don’t pay a dime
- all communication with developers happens through Gun.io
That means you don’t have to manage the chaos of resumes, LinkedIn messages, emails, and various job board inboxes, all in addition to your day job. We’ve got you covered.
Ready to make a hire?
On average, clients make a hire within 13 days of requesting a candidate on the platform. We’ll help you choose the right package for your needs and get a contract in place, which will officially book the candidate of your choice on your engagement.
All talent executes a contract with Gun.io, which applies to all work they do on the platform.
Clients execute a contract with Gun.io for each candidate they engage. Once contracts are in place, you’ll be introduced directly to the candidate so you can begin work. Communication does not have to happen on-platform, but we will set up Slack channels that you can choose to use.
Pricing and payment
You only pay when you start working with a candidate you love.
We don’t have standard prices on Gun.io. Instead, we offer flexible retainers based on your needs, the project at hand, and developers’ salary expectations. These retainers start at $5,000 per month, which is inclusive of Gun.io’s fee. You’ll see the full price upfront on developers’ profiles; there are no additional fees.
For full-time, salaried placements, we charge a buyout fee of 20% of their negotiated first-year salary at your company.
You can read more about our package types and which one is right for you here.
Both hirers and candidates have direct access to 1:1 support with Gun.io staff in perpetuity. Gun.io also handles hours tracking, billing, and payments. We can make changes to your engagement, sub in new or additional talent, or pause work at a moment’s notice.
Sound like a great way to hire? Let’s talk.